SunstoneBlog Comment Policy
The Sunstone Blog is an extension of the Sunstone Education Foundation’s mission to sponsor open forums of Mormon thought and experience. Under the motto, “Faith Seeking Understanding,” we examine and express the rich spiritual, intellectual, social and artistic qualities of Mormon history and contemporary life.
We welcome your participation and we encourage you to analyze, comment on and even challenge our articles, blogs, reviews and multimedia features. It is our hope that you’ll take the opportunity to interact with the authors, contributors, editors, and other users of the SunstoneBlog.
Please note that Sunstone requires certain standards be met for participation in these forums.
First and foremost, posts and comments must be respectful of all people and the ideas and beliefs they hold sacred.
In addition, posts and comments to SunstoneBlog must be related in some way to Mormonism.
We reserve the right to remove comments or posts that contain profanity, personal attacks or spam, and reserve the right to also remove comments that have nothing to do with the associated article or topic.
Further, we may turn off comments for individual articles or for articles on particular topics if we find that some conversations are generating more heat than light. With your help this won’t happen often.
Disagreements are bound to occur and may be explored in a respectful manner. However, please focus on your own experience, ideas, and/or interpretations. Avoid personal insults and derogatory comments. While you may debate beliefs, do not attack a person for their beliefs, and do not call into question their intelligence nor their righteousness.
Cross-linking must be relevant and specific to the discussion. We will remove comments posted for commercial gain or self-promotion and any in which the poster is attempting to impersonate a public figure. We have the option to keep users who continually post inappropriate comments from posting at all.
Finally, avoid threadjacking. Try to keep your comments related to the original author’s post. If there is a topic that you would like to explore, you are welcome to submit a request to email@example.com. SunstoneBlog also accepts thoughtful compositions for possible guest-posts.
In order to keep these experiences enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow these guidelines and the rules outlined below. By participating in this forum or by submitting comments to articles, blogs, reviews or multimedia features, you are consenting to these rules:
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post. You will not knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party and that you will remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you may not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify Sunstone Education Foundation, Inc., employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted. You may not post content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification. Epithets and other language intended to intimidate or to incite violence will not be tolerated.
- You understand and agree that SunstoneBlog.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. You further understand that SunstoneBlog.com does not monitor the content posted. Nevertheless, SunstoneBlog.com may monitor any user-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to remove, edit or otherwise alter content that it deems inappropriate for any reason whatever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site.
- You understand and agree that the discussion forums are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity in our discussion forums.
- The comments should be text only. Use of graphics and audio is not appropriate.
- You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums at your own risk. Sunstone Education Foundation and the SunstoneBlog.com is not in any manner endorsing the content of the discussion forums and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
- For any content that you post, you hereby grant to the Sunstone Education Foundation the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
Version 1.1 – last updated 08/15/2006